3/19/12

Drawing From Observation

It has been a long time since I have made my way to the Denver Zoo for a bit of observation and sketching. Yesterday was a great day to be out, though the wind was a bit much and there was a ton of dirt on my face by the end of the day,
The first thing we saw on our way to check out the progress of Asian tropics, was one of the male tigers who is nearing two, chillin on the chain link fence! So cool - so "I don't give a damn".
As we made our way around the zoo - we also came across the a Andean Condor who was get some wind in his wings. He still had down on his neck and his primary feathers were still developing but he was HUGE! Every time a 25+ gust of wind would rise he would open his wings and stretch them.. so cool!


Here are a couple drawings I did -added some personality to the giant elephant shrew and was intrigued by this catfish, who was easily 3ft long, who seemed to be equally intrigued by me.









No comments: